IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic, all Old Swedes events are subject to cancellation, postponement, or conversion to a virtual format.
& Social Change!
A one-of-a-kind event at Old Swedes on Saturday, Sept. 18. Tours on the half-hour 11 AM – 12:30 PM only!
• Historic Fashion Show with live models
• Tours of the site
• Carriage Rides
• See an original, restored 1918 Saxon coupe (in photo above)
• Exhibits – Notable women, fashion stories thru the ages plus artifacts from the Old Swedes collection
• Newark History Museum Suffragette exhibit
• WASP (Women Airforce Service Pilot) WWII exhibit, courtesy of the Delaware Military Museum
• ‘Great Gatsby’ wedding finale in the historic church
• Wine Basket Raffle
Limited ticket availability – only six persons per tour – buy yours now! 11:00 AM tour sold out!
*Three tickets left for 11:30 AM tour & carriage ride! *Two tickets left for 12:30 tour & carriage ride!
*Noon tour & carriage ride – 4 tickets available.
Problems buying tickets? Need more info? Call Old Swedes: 302-652-5629.
Rain date: Sunday, Sept. 19. *as of 9/14/21.
Sankta Lucia Celebration
December 2021, Old Swedes Historic Site
Join us for a traditional celebration of the Feast Day of Sankta Lucia, a holiday that is still marked by light and music in Sweden today. The Delaware Swedish Colonial Society and Old Swedes Historic Site co-sponsor the annual December celebration of Sankta Lucia in the historic Old Swedes Church (1698-99).
Christmas at the Hendrickson House
December 2021, Wednesday through Saturday, Hendrickson House
Come to Old Swedes to see the Hendrickson House decked out for the holidays and find all of your favorite Swedish Christmas goods in our gift shop!